When dental pulp becomes infected or inflamed due to deep decay or trauma, root canal therapy comes to the rescue. At NewStar Dental, we specialize in providing high-quality root canal treatments that alleviate pain, preserve natural teeth and restore oral health.
WHAT IS ROOT CANAL THERAPY?
Root canal therapy, also known as endodontic treatment, is a procedure performed to remove infected or inflamed dental pulp from the inner part of the tooth. The tooth is then carefully cleaned, disinfected and filled with a biocompatible material to seal the root canal system. This prevents further infection and restores the tooth’s function.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A ROOT CANAL
If you are planning to have a root canal performed, you may expect the following:
- Examination and Diagnosis: Our dentist will evaluate your symptoms, perform a thorough examination and may take X-rays to determine the extent of the infection or inflammation.
- Anesthesia and Access: Local anesthesia is administered to ensure a pain-free experience. A small access hole is created in the tooth to reach the pulp chamber.
- Pulp Removal: The infected or inflamed dental pulp is carefully removed from the tooth using specialized instruments, and the root canals are cleaned and shaped.
- Disinfection and Filling: The cleaned root canals are thoroughly cleaned to get rid of any remaining bacteria. They are then filled with a biocompatible material called gutta-percha and sealed.
- Restoration: After the root canal therapy, a dental crown or filling is placed to restore the tooth’s strength, function and aesthetics.
BENEFITS OF ROOT CANAL THERAPY IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
- Pain Relief: Root canal therapy alleviates toothache and discomfort caused by infected or inflamed dental pulp.
- Tooth Preservation: The treatment saves natural teeth from extraction, maintaining a healthy smile.
- Improved Oral Health: Root canal therapy removes infection, preventing it from spreading and protecting adjacent teeth.
- Efficient Chewing: Restored teeth allow for normal biting and chewing, restoring proper function.
- Aesthetics: Dental crowns or fillings used in conjunction with root canal therapy restore the appearance of the tooth, enhancing your smile.
SAVE YOUR SMILE TODAY!
Tired of throbbing tooth pain? Restore dental health and save your smile with root canal therapy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Give us a call today at 954-824-1824 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Denys Severchenko and experience the benefits of this essential treatment.
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||By Appointment Only|