At NewStar Dental, we prioritize your oral health and offer effective gum disease treatment to help you maintain healthy gums and a beautiful smile. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a common condition caused by bacteria and plaque buildup on the teeth and gums. Recognizing the signs of gum disease and seeking timely treatment is crucial for preserving your oral well-being.
WHAT IS GUM DISEASE?
Gum disease is an infection that affects the gums and supporting structures of the teeth. It begins with gingivitis, characterized by inflamed and bleeding gums. If left untreated, it can progress to periodontitis, causing gum recession, bone loss and potential tooth loss. Common signs of gum disease include:
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Bleeding gums during brushing or flossing
- Persistent bad breath
- Loose teeth
- Changes in bite or tooth alignment.
THE TREATMENT PROCESS
Our dentist will conduct a comprehensive examination to assess the severity of your gum disease. The treatment approach may vary depending on the stage and extent of the condition. Nonsurgical treatments like scaling and root planing are often the initial step, where plaque and tartar are carefully removed from above and below the gumline. In more advanced cases, surgical interventions such as pocket reduction surgery or gum grafting may be necessary to repair damaged gum tissues and restore oral health.
BENEFITS OF GUM DISEASE TREATMENT IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
- Improved Gum Health: Gum disease treatment helps to eliminate infection, reduce inflammation and promote healthy gum tissue, enhancing overall gum health.
- Prevent Tooth Loss: Timely intervention and appropriate treatment can prevent the progression of gum disease, reducing the risk of tooth loss.
- Fresh Breath: Treating gum disease eliminates the bacteria responsible for bad breath, resulting in fresher breath and improved confidence.
- Enhanced Oral Health: By addressing gum disease, you can maintain optimal oral health, preventing complications such as bone loss, tooth decay and systemic health issues associated with periodontal disease.
- Aesthetically Pleasing Smile: Treating gum disease can improve the appearance of your smile by restoring a balanced gumline and preserving the supporting structures of your teeth.
SAVE YOUR SMILE’S HEALTH AND BEAUTY TODAY!
Remember, early detection and treatment of gum disease are essential for successful outcomes. Call us today at 954-824-1824 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Denys Severchenko to receive personalized gum disease treatment in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and preserve your oral health.
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||By Appointment Only|